Unfortunately, not everyday do you have the time or even have the motivation to cook amazing meals. Everybody feels this way, you are not alone!
So in this post i’ll show you a quick fire of a curry that I cook at home when I don’t have the energy to cook amazing meals.
A simple and easy curry.
This is one of my favourites and can be prepared in a very short time. Its well received around my dining table by friends and family.
- 500g of any meat of your choosing. (Mostly its chicken in my house but lamb also works amazing in this recipe.
- 500g of Greek Yogurt
- Olive oil
- 1 Pepper
- 1 Onion
- 2 Heaped teaspoons of Cumin
- 2 Heaped teaspoons of Medium Curry powder (Use mild curry powder to reduce the spice in this dish).
- Large mixing bowl
- Non-stick wok or frying pan
- 250g Basmati rice
- Medium sized pan
How to make:
- Prepare your meat. Dice and cut your chosen meat into bite sized portions and set aside.
- Prepare the seasoning. Grab your large mixing bowl and place the Cumin and curry powder into the bowl.
- Coat the meat. Place your meat into the large mixing bowl and mix with the seasoning covering all the meat as much as possible. If not enough seasoning, add more of each amount to cover.
- Cooking time. In your pan heat some olive oil on a low heat and to warm up and add the chicken to cook, stirring occasionally. This will give off a nice smokey smell sure to get the taste buds waking up.
- Prepare your veg. Whilst the chicken is cooking dice up the onion and pepper and set aside.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add the onion and stir occasionally until onions have turned to a brown/yellow colour. The longer the onions are cooked, the sweeter they will taste.
- Once cooked to satisfaction, add in the Greek yogurt and stir occasionally. The yogurt will turn to a different colour once the coating of the meat has reacted with it.
- At this point, add in the pepper and cook for a further 15 minutes and stirring from time to time.
- Cook the rice. While you are waiting for the curry to cook through, prepare the rice and cook. This should be ready at the same time as the curry.
There you have it, a simple and easy curry to cook in less than an hour. Invite your friends round try this delicious yet simple dish.
Have any other tips and tricks to kick this curry up a notch? Please let me know in the comments below.
You may also like: