Adding a brilliant Asian inspired side dish to your meals with tempura vegetables can make a fantastic meal. Tempura vegetables is simply veg into a batter mix. Works better with a real tempura batter mix that you can certainly pick up in your nearest oriental shop. Or you can follow my guide here on how to make a simple batter mix that works just as well. The best veg that i would recommend would be carrots, onions, peppers and even broccoli. A fryer is needed of course to make the dish but its very simple and a big favourite in my household.
- Batter mix
- Vegetables. Skinned and peeled if needed.
- Fryer (Set to 170°)
How to make
- Heat your fryer. Heating before prepping any vegetables will allow it to heat up to the right temperature and be ready when needed.
- Prepare your veg. Skin and peel any of your veg and cut into chuck or rings for onions and the peppers.
- Place into the fryer for 3 minutes flipping the vegetables over half way through cooking time.
- Place onto some kitchen roll or a strainer to remove any excess oil.
- Serve hot immediately.
There you have it, another great side dish for your meals and preparation and cook time can literally equal to about 15 minutes. Such a simple and fantastic dish to cook. I hope you enjoy this and please feel free to leave a comment below.